The first lawsuit and first tried case regarding the business interruption issues related to COVID-19 was won by the insurance carrier. Here is a copy of the brief Order finding in favor of the insurer.
Regardless of the outcome, my hat is off to John Houghtaling for bringing the action and being a relentless advocate for policyholders in the courtroom and in the halls of Congress. He deserves to receive the Policyholder Attorney of the Year at the Win The Storm Conference which will be held in New Orleans at the end of the month.
A list of the briefing is as follows:
- Memorandum in Support of Peremptory Exception
- Plaintiff’s Opposition to Lloyd’s Peremptory Exception
- Lloyd’s Reply Brief in Support of Peremptory Exception
- Lloyd’s Amended Exception
- Plaintiff’s Sur-Reply to Lloyd’s Amended Exception
- Judgment on Exception
- Judgment Denying Lloyd’s Motion for Summary Judgment
- Lloyd’s Motion in Limine
- Plaintiff’s Opposition to Motion in Limine
- Lloyd’s Reply Memorandum in Support of Motion in Limine
- Plaintiff’s Proposed Judgment on Lloyd’s Motion in Limine
- Lloyd’s Post-Trial Memorandum
- Plaintiff’s Post-Trial Memorandum
A list of some of the depositions are here:
- Moe Bader
- Gregory Donoian
- Brian Flinn
- Ethan Gow
- Lemuel Moye, M.D., Ph.D.
- Sara Raley
- Allison Stock
- Tiffany Thoman
Thought For The Day
Like the tangled veins of cypress roots that meander this way and that in the swamp, everything in New Orleans is interrelated, wrapped around itself in ways that aren’t always obvious.