The Association of Appraisers/ Umpires known as IAUA (Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association) in collaboration with the OCS, (Office of the Insurance Commissioner), will hold a seminar training on the Appraisal Process in Puerto Rico. The seminar will be on June 29 and 30, 2021, at La Concha Resort. Participation in this seminar, with another event and professional experience, will allow you to request to be approved as an umpire by the OCS. In addition, compliance with this requirement will allow participants to be on the list of approved umpires, maintained by the OCS.
The 2-day curriculum in Puerto Rico will include the following:
- Introduction to the appraisal process with specific Puerto Rico orders and handling.
- Hurricane damage to roof assemblies, wind load effects on roofs.
- Construction design and code considerations for a rebuilding project.
- How to interpret the policy conditions prior to appraisal awards.
- Fenestration damages after wind loads and appraisal case studies.
- Accounting in appraisal – Case Studies
- How to issue an effective appraisal panel decision.
- Umpire certification class.
- Exams proctored end of day 2 to certify appraiser and / or umpire.
Details and registration for all IAUA events can be found in the 2021 IAUA Events Calendar, which includes opportunities throughout the United States to earn your IAUA Appraiser and/or Arbitrator Certification.
If you are interested in joining the IAUA, the application process is completed online. The fees run 12 months from your enrollment to your anniversary date.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!