Maryland suffers from a wide breadth of property damage claims. Most notably, floods, fires, and storm surges. Maryland residents should always be mindful of their property insurance policy and the coverage it affords and the potential perils that are excluded. If you believe you have suffered a covered loss that your insurance company is denying, delaying or acting in bad faith, you may wish to file a complaint with the Maryland Insurance Administration.

The easiest way to file a complaint with the Maryland Insurance Administration is to fill out an online complaint form, found here: MIA Online Complaint Form.

Don’t want to fill out an online form? Simply follow this link to print out a hard copy: MIA Hard Copy Complaint. The forms are pretty simple and straight forward, however, should any issues arise there is an instructions page here: MIA Instructions.

Once the application is filed, you will receive a tracking number for future reference. Should you wish to speak with someone at the Maryland Insurance Administration, you may call (410) 468-2340 or (800) 492-6116 select option 3, then option 1, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. till 5 p.m. EST.

Merlin Law Group has attorneys who work side-by-side with local Maryland counsel on all property damage insurance claims.