Vince Perri is a public adjuster who has a YouTube channel, The Claims Game Podcast, and has started an education and training course for public adjusters. Vince recently came to our Tampa office and interviewed me on a number of property insurance claims topics of the day, which you can see in a video, The Current State and the Future of Public Adjusting.
We spoke about a broad range of topics, including:
- The dearth of quality and intensive public adjusting training for new public adjusters;
- The Apprentice program for public adjusters in Florida;
- The origin of the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters;
- Managed Repair
- Preferred Contractors;
- Insurance Gaps Impacting Public Adjusters and Restoration Contractors;
- How Citizens Property Insurance has become the leader in changing policies with gaps of coverage and its close relationship with the rest of the insurance industry;
- State Farm Aftermarket Case With Judge Bias;
- New Attorneys Fee Statute;
- The Lobbying Army of The Insurance Industry;
- The New Paradigm of Public Adjusting in a Managed Repair World;
- The Efforts of United Policyholders and Others Fighting the Insurance Gap Problem;
- The need for public adjusting leadership to raise the bar of qualifications and training of the public adjusting trade;
- My criticism of the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation and The Insurance Commissioner;
- The need for public adjusters and restoration contractors to participate in local politics;
- The Insurance Marketplace and the need for insurers to be profitable;
- My appointment and work as part of an attorney dream team on the Champlain Towers Collapse;
- The need to find ways to get insurance coverage paid faster;
- How I started in the property insurance law field 40 years ago and then started my policyholder firm in 1985;
- The experiences of having a national property insurance practice;
- Fraud by insurance companies against policyholders and the need for the American Policyholders Association;
- Writing Pay Up!
- Writing Mavericks & Merlins: Sailors And Renegades Leave Shore, What About You? and my experiences racing sailboats;
- This Blog and my personal writing about topics of interest in the property insurance field;
- How educating others makes me a better lawyer for policyholders.
Vince Perri has written a book for public adjusters. I bought the digital and hard copy edition of his Public Adjuster Handbook. The book is a basic discussion about a number of adjustment and business issues facing public adjusters. Vince Perri’s seminars often delve much deeper into the business aspects of public adjusting.
I thank Vince for asking me to appear on his show and taking the time to discuss some important topics within the property insurance industry.
Thought For The Day
A lot of times the interview relies not so much on the interviewee, but on the interviewer.
—Ernie Johnson, Jr.