This morning’s post by Jennifer Van Voorhis about California mudslides and mudflows made me think, “we’ve written about mudflow and mudslide issues before.” So, I did something that I suggest others do when researching topics on the Merlin Property Insurance Coverage Law blog—use the search function on the upper right side of the blog to find relevant posts.
When I wrote “mud” into the key word search, seven posts were noted:
- Court Applies Broad Interpretation of “Direct” Causation
- Arizona Mudslide Case gives hope to California Residents
- California Monsoonal Weather Brings Mud Property Damage to Southern California, But Is It Covered Damage?
- Mudslide Did Not Cause Building to Explode
- Anticipated California Mudslides and Mudflows in the Wake of El Niño
- Finally, Some Rain for California – Mudslides A Danger for Residents in Wildfire Burn Areas
Merlin Law Group attorney Denise Sze further explains the differences between mudslides and mud flows in this video: