The National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters is the oldest public adjusting organization in the United States. Its membership has most of the finest, knowledgeable and experienced insurance claims adjusters representing policyholders in this country. I gave my first speech to this organization in 1985 and ever since then, I have always learned something significant from NAPIA sponsored events about insurance claim handling that adds to my understanding of property insurance. The NAPIA Annual Convention is a "cannot miss" event if you want to learn from the best of the best.
Next week, NAPIA will hold its annual convention in San Diego at the Five Star Resort, The Grand Del Mar. The seminar topics are excellent:
- "If it’s not Covered, is it the Agent’s Fault or if Coverage is Denied, When is There Recourse Against the Agent?" by Brent Winans, CPCU, ARM of Clear Advantage Risk Management
- "Ethics in Public Adjusting – a Regulatory Update" by Brian Goodman, Esq. of Hodes, Pessin & Katz, P.A. & Greg Serio of Park Strategies LLC
- "Forensic Tools and Equipment Damages" by Jeff Schwenk of Continental Machinery
- "Code Upgrades and Law/Ordinance" by Carroll Lee Pruitt, FAIA, NCARB, APA of Pruitt Consulting, Inc.
- "Contractors Who Operate as PAs – the Unauthorized Practice of Public Adjusting" by Steve Badger, Esq. of Zelle Hofmann
One panel presentation will be extraordinary:
- "First Party Property Insurance Cases of Interest to Public Adjusters" by William Merlin, Esq. of Merlin Law Group (moderator); Mike Duffy, Esq. of Childress Duffy; Steve Badger, Esq. of Zelle Hofmann; & Glenn Rosen, Esq. of Merlin Law Group
All public adjusters should try to attend. I hope to see there.