After my presentation this morning at the National Institute of Insurance Bad Faith, some attorneys in the audience asked that I publish the "simple steps" I gave them. Here they are for all policyholder attorneys to consider and use to help their clients:
SOME SIMPLE STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE MORE MONEY BY PROVING PATTERN and PRACTICE
- List the insurer and all their subsidiaries.
- Do a Lexis or Westlaw search on all their Active Cases and Bad Faith Cases.
- Contact the other attorneys, experts, etc. Travel to meet them to exchange information.
- After getting a Core Group, have seminar/information sharing session regarding that insurer.
- Join the Bad Faith Litigation Group of the AAJ.
- Visit and retain multiple insurance claim experts early.
- Advertise for information.
- Hire Investigators to seek whistleblowers–from secretaries to claims executives.
- Push on formal discovery with affidavits and other cases showing need and relevance.
- Bold and Creative Wins–Example–Closed Claim File Review.